Friday, November 15, 2019

Empathy/Sensory Sim Reflection

Reflecting on my Most Challenging Simulation So Far


Despite being slightly overwhelmed in the debrief, I really enjoyed this simulation. I think it is exciting and really love applying skills learned in class. That being said moving forward I will move through the explanation of a disorder and recommendations much slower. I feel like I spent quite a bit of time talking and little time listening. I gave the mother opportunities for questions but she had little to say and I wish I had probed more. I value developing a connection to people I work with and providing easily understandable explanations of what is happening. I think these are two ways I convey my attitude of care but I know body language and use of repetition back to client are great ways to achieve this. I will incorporate what I learned from this simulation in the future by reminding myself that clients what to be heard as much as they want to hear. I want to develop a strong report and hold a conversation with my clients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk Mock (Interview)

  How do you feel the interview went overall?  I believe the interview went really well. It was generally what I was expecting, with intervi...